I make two versions of this. The difference is that this one requires more ingredients, one of which is cashew meal (or almond meal) which gives it a little more body. This one also serves well as a dessert, and I sometimes double this recipe for the same reasons I double a lot of recipes (I’m lazy and this stores well in the fridge for a couple days. Will it store longer than that? Don’t know, it’s never lasted more than three days before I’ve eaten it all.). These puffed nicely, but the moment I set them down, the middle’s sagged They were still delicious.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1/3 cup and milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons and cashew or almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons blueberries (25-30 blueberries)
- ground nutmeg for dusting
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If you have a 3″ x 4″ baking dish, use that. Otherwise use a muffin pan and spread some of the butter in three of the cupcake/muffin spaces.
- Place dish or pan in oven to melt butter.
- In a blender, a food processor or in a bowl using a whisk, combine eggs, honey, milk, vanilla, cashew or almond meal and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over melted butter in hot dish/pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, until puffed and golden. Sprinkle with nutmeg and confectioners’ sugar.
- Served warm or cold.