Add the Chocolate chips and these become Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies. Skip them and the cookies are still very good Chocolate Coconut Cookies. They’re easy and quick to make.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour or Bob’s Red Mill Flour Almond Meal, 16-ounces“>almond meal
- 3/4 cups finely Bob’s Red Mill Flaked Coconut Unsweetened, 4 – 12-Ounce Bags“>shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 18 drops Sweetleaf Steviaclear (Stevia Clear)“>liquid stevia
- 2 tsp molasses (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 3 oz high % cacao chocolate, finely chopped OR bittersweet Chocolate Chips (optional)
- For the cookies, preheat the oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with Swerve Sweetener and molasses. Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Beat in flour mixture until dough is well mixed.
- Stir in chopped chocolate or Homemade Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press each ball with the heel of your hand to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until just beginning to brown and barely firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serves 14 or 15. Each serving has 6.3 g of carbs and 2.5 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3.8 g.